Friday, April 25, 2008

Green Goddess



Okay, okay, I know that it doesn't look that appetizing - but I am addicted!!! I got this green drink recipe off of a recent Oprah show that Dr. Oz was on. It is surprisingly decent tasting - better than that, it is good! Almost every morning, once I put Audrey down for her nap, I make my green drink - and I can't tell you the satisfaction I get knowing that I am eating ALL of my vegetables for the entire day in one drink. Oh, and it gets better: I feel amazing! I have more energy AND I don't find myself "needing" to snack on everything in sight. Here's the recipe:





1 Lemon
1 Lime
1 Cucumber
1 Apple (I like Macintosh)
4 Stalks of Celery
1 Cup of Spinach
1 Piece of Ginger



I use a juicer to make my drink (remove the lemon & lime peels to avoid a bitter taste), and presto! One bonified healthy drink that you don't have to feel guilty about.



Please let me know if you try it & what you think about it!

5 comments:

Muriah Lucero said...

Alright, so I have my shopping list ready for tomorrow. I am going to try your drink. I'm a little worried but I trust your judgment. How much ginger do you put in?

Amber said...

Looks great! I'm excited to try. Does Dr. Oz have a book? I missed that Oprah show.

Devon and Josh said...

Muriah, I hope that you like it!! You must let me know what you think. Will you be making it with a juicer? The amount of ginger is a personal decision. I started off a size that was about the top of my thumb, and then worked up from there...

Amber - Dr. Oz does have a book that he wrote with a collegue of his.... but I don't remember the name.

Muriah Lucero said...

I finally was able to try your green drink. It's not too bad. I did use a juicer, I think it was best to do so. Thanks for letting me know about it. I think it might be an almost daily thing for me from now on.

Amber said...

I tried the juice and it was very sour! Is that just how it is?