Thursday, April 17, 2008

Our Big Weekend


This past weekend was a big weekend for the Rohrer Family... Josh took me on a weekend getaway to Capitola (just outside of Santa Cruz) - yes, you guessed it: it was our very first weekend without Audrey. How did we all do, you ask? FABULOUS! Audrey spent the weekend with her Grandparents. She played, laughed (I am told), got spoiled in every way possible - and thankfully slept through the night, whew! Josh and I enjoyed ourselves so much. I felt only slightly guilty for having such a good time without Audrey, but I have to say that sleeping in for the first time in almost eight months was utterly blissful! We stayed at this darling Bed & Breakfast called The Inn at Depot Hill in their very zen-like Japanese room. We had our very own garden - complete with Buddha statue, and a tub that we could not fill up all the way because the water would have covered my head! By the time we returned home I was so relaxed and refreshed... and SO missing Audrey...it was everything that I needed! Thankfully, our big weekend was a huge success - Yahoo!

The Rohrer family big weekend was made possible by my adoring husband who realized that without a break he would have a crazy wife, loving grandparents who offered up their weekend, and my wonderful Medela Breast Pump that kept me in production!

2 comments:

Muriah Lucero said...

It's always so nice to get away from it all for a night or two. Sounds like you guys had a wonderful time.. and so did Audrey. I'm sure it was good for all of you. I love this picture of her. I love how she always has her mouth open in pictures. What a doll.

Amber said...

That sounds like so much fun!
Dallas and I haven't attempted anything since our week long cruise to the Bahamas in 1999. We were both so homesick and worksick and Emersonsick (he was 1 year old),that we vowed to not do that again. But a weekend would be perfect. Maybe we'll try that! Thanks for the advice!
I am glad you had a great time! You deserve it!