Thursday, June 12, 2008

Pool Time!

Yesterday, Audrey and I did our very first Mommy & Me swimming class! It was her first time in the pool, and it was very clear from her expression that she was not quite sure what was going on. If I had to guess, this is what I could imagine her thinking....

"What is going on here! Where's Mom?! Okay, there she is... where am I? Um, water... this I know... but wait, what am I wearing? We normally do this whole water thing with no clothes... and definitely no diaper.... It is bright out here... Splash, Splash, Splash... okay, not bad - I think I can do this... what is that song Mom is singing? "ring around the roses, pocket full of poses, ashes, ashes we all fall down" Whoosh! GASP! (cough, cough, cough!) What happened? where did all that water come from?! I DON'T LIKE THIS!!!"


Audrey did pretty well, but one thing is for sure, she did not like the whole going under water thing! I think that she did well than most babies though - we didn't have a total melt down, and she did get used to kicking and splashing. And she was definitely intrigued by the whole blowing bubbles thing. It was a good first experience, something that we will be doing again soon. Plus, she looked extra cute in her swimming suit!






3 comments:

Muriah Lucero said...

All I can ever say is, beautiful ... adorable! You guys are such a cute little family. I love how you wrote what Audrey was thinking! Priceless...

Anonymous said...

A very interesting scene from Look Who's Talking is going through my mind at this very time... Shocking similar water experiences with VERY different outcomes. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Her swimsuit is so adorable- man you better keep the boys away from her! Too cute. Just found out you guys are coming in a couple weeks- hope I will get a chance to see you!