Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Ten Months = 40 Weeks



As I sat down to write this, it occurred to me that Oliver has lived on this earth the same amount of time that I carried him in my belly. It seriously is crazy to me how much our little guy has changed our lives, touched our hearts and how he has grown so very, very much. Oliver, you are my little man & I love you so much!

You are a quick little one who is getting into everything around the house. How you love to stand next to the couch, table, chair - anywhere the action is. You have finally mastered the art of crawling on your knees. Although I don't think that will be your preferred mode of transportation for long: you love walking with any toy on wheels, and yesterday you walked 7 steps by yourself!!

You LOVE your food. And I mean L.O.V.E your food. Trust me when I tell you that when we don't get it to you fast enough, you quickly, and noisily, let us know. When this happens, Josh tells you that you take after my side of family.

Your dreamy blue eyes are still a huge hit, almost as much as your hair - which is saying a lot. You have had three hair cuts to date, and you have been an angel at all three. People, mostly men, often tell you that your baby blues and curly hair is going to come in pretty handy when you get older. As one man said "They are going to get you into a lot of trouble, and probably out of a great deal more." Secretly, I think they are envious of you :) You adore your sister. The lovely thing is, she loves you just as much as you love her. You both play beautifully together, that is as long as she doesn't take a toy away from you. You love it when she sings to you, chases you, and fake sneezes for you. Ahhh-CHOOO! That is your favorite thing, I think. Truly my heart just sings when you two are laughing at each other. Lately, you are allowing other people to hold you, which I have to admit has been a relief to my sore arms. Yet, when you are tried, you find comfort in my arms. Papa tells you that you are a Mama's boy. I smile.
What a fun little guy you are Oliver. I can't wait to see what you will be doing next month.

3 comments:

Marti said...

Oh man, he is CUTE! Walking? Are you sure he's only 10 months?! That's crazy.

Alyssa said...

He is such a cutie!

Tawnie said...

Oh, Devon
He is so HANDSOME!!! Little Boys are so special!!! I could just kiss him all Day!!!