Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Good-Bye Christmas Tree


This year Audrey had her very first Christmas tree in her room. She absolutely loved it. Every morning she would say "Good morning Christmas tree" and when it was time to go to bed, she would say "Good night, see you in the morning." Her favorite thing to do during the day, and whenever anyone came over for that matter, was to take them to her room and show them her tree. Like a big girl she would turn it on (with the nifty little foot switch) and then run to turn the lights off in her room so that you would get the full effect. Many "Oohs" & "Ahhs" were followed by this demonstration. Most of them coming from her. "Oh Gosh!" was her common remark. It was clear that she felt like such a big girl to have her own tree in her room. Well, Christmas is now over and I knew that the tree had to come down. I was dreading it to be honest. I didn't quite know how she would react to it being gone. Would she throw a tantrum? I had thought about leaving it up for a while. Why not, sense she loved it so much? Would it be so bad to have a Christmas tree up in March? Finally, I got brave and told Josh that it had to come down. So today while I was out with the kids Josh took her beloved tree down. Before we left the house, I stood with Audrey in her room and told her to say good-bye to her tree. She held onto my leg as we waved goodbye to the the Christmas tree. "Good-bye Christmas tree" she said "see you next Christmas."

No comments: