Friday, January 8, 2010

Audrey, My Little Big Girl


Audrey's first day at Pre-School was today. Words can't even describe how grateful I am that she went willingly, stayed & had a really fun time. You see, last August I tried to enroll her in this same pre-school. She lasted all of about 10 minutes - 10 minutes of high octave screaming. Dawn, the pre-school director & I agreed that we would give it another go at the beginning of the year. And today she did it! She was so excited to go today. I told her this morning that she was going to school at the church (where it is at) and she couldn't wait to get dressed. When I dropped her off, she left my arms willingly. While she was taking her coat off, she waved to me and said "Bye Mommy. Bye." Hallelujah! As soon as I walked out those doors, I didn't know what to do with myself. What do you do when you have 2 1/2 hours to yourself on a Friday? A trip to Starbucks was definitely in order. I kept my cell phone on me, just in case, but the call never came. When I returned to pick her up, Audrey was all smiles & couldn't stop talking about the snow. "Snow balls, Mommy. Throw it - whoosh! Ahhh Hahahaha!!!" Apparently the teacher had brought in two buckets of snow for the kids to play with (yup, this is California we live in!) The gleam on her face was priceless. As we walked out of the classroom with her hand in mine, she looked up at me and said "Had a good day at church Mommy." My heart just melted. Audrey, my sweet little big girl. How quickly you have grown up.

1 comment:

Marti said...

Yay! Isn't preschool the best?!