Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving Cruise

This year for Thanksgiving, Josh's parents treated all of us to a 7-day Mexican Cruise aboard the beautiful ms Oosterdam, one of Holland America's cruise ships.  Having never been on a cruise before, I was a bit nervous (being pregnant, having motion sickness, AUDREY!!) However, I am happy to report that we all enjoyed ourselves.  Audrey loved being absolutely spoiled by her grandparents, and flourished with kisses from her uncles.  Josh and I relished in the two nights that Audrey slept in her grandparents cabin (THANK YOU AGAIN, LINDA & PAUL!)  My favorite memory of this cruise, was the day that Linda, Audrey and I spent at the beach in Cabo San Lucas.  The weather was just beautiful, and Audrey had so much fun playing in the sand.  It was so calming and relaxing, it was perfect.

One big happy family!

Zack, Josh, Audrey and Jeff enjoying our first night out on the cruise ship.


Audrey enjoying herself in Cabo San Lucas.  She spent all afternoon filling a cup full of sand, dumping it out, and then starting all over again.  What fun!


Zack, Linda and Jeff in Mazatlan enjoying the sun.

Josh and I heading out to our formal dinner.  Linda and Paul watched Audrey for us while we enjoyed a "grown-up" dinner for two.  While I adore my little Audrey so much, I can't deny the fact that it was so nice to have a nice dinner all by ourselves.  



 My sweet precious Audrey.  While she was a handful on the cruise, she did exceptionally well adapting to her surroundings, and going with the flow.  She loved all of the stairs on the cruise ship, and spent a lot of time walking up them, and then down them - all the while reaching for one of our hands to help her.  Audrey has a straight forward personality: when she doesn't want to do something, she simply doesn't do it!  One night, after dinner, Josh declared: she is a 'Rubalcava'!  I just laughed and smiled.  Yes, our precious little Audrey may be a little stubborn, but it makes me love her all that much more.

6 comments:

Muriah Lucero said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving vacation! Good for you guys! Audrey is geting so big. Devon you look so beautiful..

Taren said...

Hey stranger!! I am not a stalker. I just found Anna's blog and I knew you two were BFFs. There you were and I had to see. You are beautiful. Congratulations on your upcoming bundle of joy and your cute little daughter. Wow, it has been forever since I have seen you. You still look as beautiful and young as you did in high school. I wish we could have went on a cruise for thanksgiving.How fun!!

Carrie Mann said...

you look so cute Devon, as always!! Can't wait to see you!

Alyssa said...

Ha!! I had to laugh at Josh's Rubalcava statement. Audrey is such a doll!

Amber said...

It looks like great fun! Audrey is adorable! And Devon, you look amazing!

alysha lykins said...

I love the pic of her in her baby bikini. So cute :)