Wednesday, August 19, 2009

It Had To Be Done

For those of you who don't know, Audrey HATES to have anything done with her hair.  Absolutely hates it.  For example, whenever I try to just simply comb her hair (so that she doesn't look like a red-headed step-child) she pitches a fit so huge that one would thing I am severely beating my child.  As a result of this behavior, Josh and I have just left her alone.  That is until a couple of days ago.  Audrey desperately needed her hair cut.  Her cute little curls had turned into an uncontrollable mop on her head.  We knew that getting her hair cut was going to be quite the traumatic experience for us all, but it had to be done.  Here are some before, during and after pictures of the event.  Enjoy!


A couple of days before the dreaded hair cut...


Josh holding Audrey down during the hair cut.  I know this sounds bad, but I was laughing as I was taking the photo.  One day when she asks me why I never did anything with her hair I will be able to show her this picture and say "this is why!"




The after picture.  Once the lady stopped cutting her hair she instantly quite crying.  Here she is pictured at home.  She even let us put a bow in her hair!!  


4 comments:

Taren said...

Oh that made me smile! She is so dang cute. Your child is definitely not the only one who hates haircuts. We bribe our boys with candy. It works like a charm for them.

Melyssa said...

Hillarious!! She is a doll! Ellie is the same way, we finally have kept hers cut in a short A-line, no bows, on elastics nothing! Oh Audrey- what a cute girl.

Alyssa said...

Oh Devon!! I'm glad that you were able to laugh about it and not stress too much. It looks adorable!!

Amber said...

That sounds all too familiar! I always dreaded the haircut! One time, it ended being a series of haircuts just to get the job finished. It looks like it was all worth it.