Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Our Salt Lake City Weekend

This past weekend we went to Salt Lake City to spend some time with my family & friends and to have Oliver baptized.  It turned out to be such a good weekend - even though it was a quick one.  We were only in town for 5 days, but what a whirlwind it was!  Every night we had something planned (with the exception of Thursday night, the first night we were in town.)  While I was packing to go home on Monday morning I paused for a moment... I was amazed at all that we had done and all of the people that we got to see and spend time with.  It was a lovely visit that felt much to short.  Here is a recap of our Salt Lake City Weekend:

Friday: A Friendly BBQ

It had been a while since I had been back home (7 months to be exact) and I really wanted to get together with some of my friends.  Everyone brought their loved one and kids (oh, and a dish to share!)  The kids out numbered the adults!  We all seemed to have a good time and enjoy each other's company.  It was such a fun night!


Saturday Morning: Farmer's Market

It's a tradition: every Saturday morning my parent's go to the Farmer's Market in downtown Salt Lake.  The highlight: Carne Asada Taco's from Junior's for breakfast.  There are no words to describe just how good they are... UM-UM, GOOD!
Mom and Kate at the Market
 
Kate, Oliver and Me.
Oliver's Baptism

It was really important to me to have my children baptized at St. Patrick's Parish, the church that I was baptized in, were I went to church at growing up, and the place that Josh and I were married at.  Audrey was baptized there when she was three months old, and now we were returning for Oliver's baptism.  The love and support that we received from family and friends was amazing.  Josh's parent's flew in for the baptism, along with dear friends of ours, Ted and Amy Archer who are co-God Parent's to Oliver.  Oliver looked so darling in his little white outfit.  He was an absolute angel during the service.  He didn't cry once, not even when the holy water was poured over his head!  


Our Little Family

  Oliver is pictured here with his God Parent's: 
Ted and Amy Archer, and Anna and Chris Rogers

 Anna is holding Oliver while I put on his little cap...

Oliver and I after the baptism - look at how wet his hair got!

Sunday: Our Family Reunion

Every year my Dad's family gets together for a reunion at Washington Park located in Emigration Canyon.  The turn out this year was the biggest that I had seen in years!  I had a really good time catching up with all of my cousins and showing off my darling little family.  


One big happy family!
  

 
Oliver and his cousin Gavin (they were born a day apart!)

This picture was an important one for my Grandpa. 
In this picture is everyone that was named after him.

As you can see, to say that we had a busy weekend is an understatement!  At one point my Mom looked at me and said "Boy, you are a lot of work when you come into town!"  We all really enjoyed ourselves though.  It turned out to be a fun and memorable weekend... it was everything that I had hoped it would be.


2 comments:

Taren said...

How exciting to be able to come back and baptize him in Salt Lake. You look so beautiful and your family is the cutest. Your mom is quite the hottie......I guess I know how you became so beautiful.

Alyssa said...

So fun, I'm so sad that I missed it! I love that you got pictures up so soon; You're awesome!!