Saturday, January 31, 2009

28 Weeks and Counting

I have hit a milestone in my pregnancy: I a 28 weeks pregnant, therefore I have FINALLY entered into my third and final trimester.  YAHOO!  Throughout this pregnancy, I have been reading a funny yet informative book titled The Pregnancy Countdown Book.  It is a day-to-day pregnancy book filled with tips, advice & "uncensored truths."  Today I sat down to read what it had to say about entering this stage of pregnancy....
The Pregnancy Countdown Book: Nine Months of Practical Tips, Useful Advice, and Uncensored Truths

"Besides the continued growth and development of your baby, the third trimester ultimately serves one purpose: To make you so uncomfortable, so over it, so tired, so achy, so bitchy, so itchy, and so freakishly huge, that you will do anything to get the baby out of you, including pushing it out of a place where a tampon once felt gigantic.  This is mother Nature's way of inspiring you at the end of your pregnancy, even though we spend the previous eight months thinking, "Okay, how is this going to happen again?"


THIS IS SO HOW I FEEL PEOPLE!

SO OVER IT:
Yes, I know that I am huge.  Even for my size.  No, I am not having twins... and yes, IT IS rude to ask that question!!!  Oh, and by the way: I am due in April - not tomorrow or next week.  Please try to conceal your shock.

SO TIRED:
Yesterday I spent all day in my pajamas.  I could either be found in my bed, on the couch down stairs, or the couch upstairs.  I slept in.  Slept while Audrey watched her cartoons... and while she napped.  This morning was the first time I brushed my teeth - since Wednesday!

SO ACHY:
I love my chiropractor.  There is nothing more to say.

SO BITCHY:
As you may have guessed, I am just a little touchy about my ever growing size.  I know that people mean well, and that they just want to strike up a conversation with you, but I am hear to tell you that unless you are going to tell me that I am glowing or look perfect for my size, I DON"T WANT TO HEAR IT.  Please think people before you speak to a pregnant woman.  Oh, and yes, my husband would agree that I am a bit on the bitchy side....

SO ITCHY:
Thankfully this one has not become a problem.  yet.

SO FREAKISHLY HUGE:
Today I had a conversation with a woman at my chiropractor's office.  It went like this:
Her: "When's your due date?  April?"
Me: "Yup"
Her: "Wow... you still have a way's to go..."
Me: "Yes, I do"
Her: "Geez, I guess this is going to be a really big baby for you then..."

Need I say more?


6 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

Oh you are so funny. Hang in there. You are almost 29 weeks! Woohoo! I can't wait to find out what you end up having. I'm still way behind you at 22 weeks. This pregnancy has been so hard for me, these next four months are going to drag on forever. As a matter of fact, I feel like I will never have this baby. I love you Devon!!

Melyssa said...

Devon, you are hillarous! I am sure you look gorgeous. Not really looking forward to pregnancy again myself, but I haven't been too sick yet thankfully! give that dolly Audrey a kiss for me.

Muriah Lucero said...

Ha! I just noticed that I must have been logged on to my parent's account when I posted this. Funny, sorry. I bet you were a little confused by it. It was me who made the comment.

Taren said...

Hahahahahaha!! That is soo funny and soo true. My husband got a good laugh as well. Who cares what people think about you. I am sure you are beautiful and glowing. I think women are the worst. It is almost like they forget what it is like to be prego. Men are usually really nice about everything.....they probably know better. Thanks for the laugh.

TheRogersReport said...

love this post Dev! you are soo funny and it is all so familiar. :)

The Allan Family said...

Girl,,, I AM WITH YA!!!! just being prego and MISERABLE. I have yet to hit the 3rd Trimester..Yuck!